Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Honeymoon is Over

And it's back to real life. But going "back" doesn't really seem doable as we're (a) new married people and (b) we, well, at least I, am a person that has pretty much ignored myself for the last fifteen months as I headed down the all consuming road to wedding perfection. It was fabulous and I loved every ounce of energy, ever tear drop and every bead of sweat that went into that fabulous day.

But now it's real life. And I begin to think about what I want this real life to be. As long as we're starting fresh I can be whatever I want to be! I've always had this idea of who I want to be, this idea floating around in the back of my head. There never seems to be enough time to be that person.

But I am a project person. I always have to have a project. In college there were endless projects for classes, for sororities, for simple ridiculousness. Then it was the Graduation Project. Get a job. Find an apartment. Buy a car. Become a "Real Person". And when I got that under control it was the "Real Estate Project". Condo shopping. Bidding. Winning. Not unlike Shopping Victoriously, but with a whole hella of a lot of paperwork. Then it was the "Wedding Project". Fifteen months later I'm left with no impending project.

So, I'm pleased to announce the "Jordana Project". I'm going to take the time to be the person I want to be. That person that's been an idea floating in the back of my head. I'm going to get her down on paper and then out in public.

No comments: