Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cooking: I'm on a Roll

The Little Black Apron is the best thing that ever happened to be in the kitchen. The recipes are easy. The food is delicious. I look like I know what I'm doing!




The Saltimboca-Style Pork Tenderloin with Prosciutto and Sage might be the ugliest dish in the world. But perhaps one of the tastiest. And I'm not even a huge pork fan. The sauce was delish, I just hated that it spread to the asparagus. I hate it when my sauces marry. The asparagus was also super easy and totally yummy. I'd never thought to put olives on top of asparagus, but the flavor combination was awesome. As is anything with olives. Love me some olives.


I also made Baked Stuffed Peaches for dessert that were fantastic, but we ate them before I remembered to take a picture of them. There were warm and tender and not so many calories, which makes the gym part of this project so much easier!


I can't take all of the credit for the Grilled Flank Steak with Sweet Chili and Soy. As soon as the marinade was done for the steak I had to run out to deal with some HOA shiza (is it time to buy a house yet?) Chris said he threw it on the grill and then flipped it. When it was done, he took it off the grill. Sounds easy enough. Chris also took care of the Sauteed Zucchini Ribbons. He peeled the zucchini with a peeler and then sauteed them. They look so pretty and tasted so yummy. Top with some almonds and you look like a fancy chef (but really you threw some crap together out of the pantry).
There was also dessert that I forgot to take a picture of. Baked Bananas with Nutella and Graham Cracker. I'm in a dessert bubble.... I don't really think outside of cookies, cake, pie, brownie, etc. Baked Banana is awesome, easy and seems so fancy. And yet, I cut open a banana, stuffed in some Nutella, wrapped it in foil and stuffed it in the oven. When it was done, I scooped out the yumminess inside with a graham cracker. Yummy.
If cooking is this easy, I'm all for it. But it gets tiring. Last night we ate frozen pizza from TJ's. Good for me it tastes so freakin' good. Why go to all the effort of making your own if the boxed one tastes so delectable?

1 comment:

Da Fashionista said...

my head just exploded. so impressive. yay, you!

mr. diabolina loves olives so that really is a great tip...for whenever it is i get around to cooking...