Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cooking: Pear Pie

My office loves all things sugar. Cake. Pie. Cookies. Cupcakes. Brownies. We have one of these on regular rotation in the copy room. Problem is, we all got fat. So we cut back. But now it's Birthday Season. We have at least one a week and everyone deserves cake!


I was in charge of yesterday's birthday and decided to switch it up. Was going to attempt the Smitten Kitchen's Pear & Almond Tart, but got scared of all the steps and the immense time commitment required of the crust. So, I found a frozen crust from Ralphs (that crap was awesome and I got more compliments on the crust than anything else) and a recipe for Pear Pie. I'd never even heard of Pear Pie, but I had all the ingredients and it was so super easy.



And DELISH! You can taste just a hint of the ginger. It's not overly sweet and was just perfect. The top collapsed from a nice structured top into a mess over the pear, but I actually thought it looked kind of neat. This one's going in the arsenal of baked goodness.

1 comment:

Da Fashionista said...

impressed.

and hungry!