Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fashion: Breakfast at Tiffany's


Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of those movies that I've always wanted to see, but never really gotten around to. It's the sorority girl cult classic. I don't think there was a room in my sorority house that didn't have at least one photo of Ms. Hepburn. It was totally different that I expected. I'm not sure what exactly I expected, because I knew nothing of the plot. Just this iconic photo.




Holly Golighty was a freakin' disaster area. A furnitureless apartment. A cat with no name. A few dresses. But a few amazing dress. Her fashion sense was impeccable. So clean and simple, but over the top and ridiculous. I adore the fact that she, and well, most women in the 1950's, knew how to dress. Even in jeans they were stunning. The gloves. The pearls. The jackets. The hats. Makes me wish I was born forty years earlier.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never watched it. Which is strange because I collect old movies. Anyway, I bought you a copy. You should fly to NC to watch old movies with me for the weekend. (If you already have a copy, pretend that you don't and that it was the most awesome gift ever!) I miss you.

Da Fashionista said...

didn't watch this until a few years ago too. i agree that it was totally not what i expected. kinda annoyed that she's one of those people that expects other people to clean up her shenanigans. I'm one of the people that always cleans up other people's shenanigans ;)

at least i try to look fab doing it!