Sunday, March 23, 2008

Cooking: Skirt Steak Romesco

When Chris is out of town, I eat a lot of grapefruits. Grapefruit and PB&J. Quick, easy, yummy. When Chris is in town, I eat whatever he decides to make for me.

Cooking has kind of been on the back burner for a while. So, when the opportunity came up to have two amazing women over to embark on some wedding craftiness I jumped! I could cook, and cut paper, clue rhinestones, stuff stuff.

Wendy, Anne and I had an awesome time. These are the two of the first women I met online and then in real life. My real life friends make fun of me for The Knot, but I've made some freakin' amazing connections that I really hope will continue beyond the last dance.

For dinner, I headed to Real Simple and snapped up a Skirt Steak recipe. I love skirt steak. So thin and yummy juicy. The potatoes and sauce were part of the recipe and I added in the asparagus. Simple sauteed in garlic, olive oil and almonds.



I always run into recipes that call for a food processor, and I always remember that I don't have one. My mom has the gigantor processor from 1970ish. It was a wedding present and it's still going strong. Then I remembered that we had a magic bullet and it works PERFECTLY. And doesn't take up that much space.

All in all, I was pretty pleased with myself

3 comments:

Ani Avanessian said...

Beautiful job Jordy pants

Anne K. in L.A. said...

That dinner was so delicious. Very nice photo by the way.

Da Fashionista said...

sooooo impressed.


ps i LOVE grapefruit. it's obscene how much.