I've never been tagged before! And by no less than the most loverly Diabolina! I didn't know it was possible to have such a girl crush on someone you've never met, but I do and I like it :-)
Thanks for the tag m'dear!
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
So, my quirks. Here goes.
1. I adore sushi. But I hate ginger & wasabi. I won't even contemplate eating the rolls that are the closest to the wasabi, even if they are not touching. I tried once. I could feel the wasabi and I hated it. You would think that I was ALWAYS remember to ask for the plates sans the devil, but I always forget. Always.
2. I used to have a serious Southern accent. I blame my slew of Northerners in college and my Bostonian husband for the loss. It does come back slightly when I talk to someone from home, a bit more when visit and is in full force when I'm drinking.
3. I am cold all the time. I keep a space heater in my office and use it year round. In the winter I also down at least 10-12 cups of hot tea to warm myself from the inside out while the heater blasts my feet. Getting heated seats in my new car was one of the best things that ever happened to me.
4. Since I am always so cold, one would think that I love my hot tub. But I hate when my body gets too hot. So I take my arms out. But then my hands get cold. The temperature differences make me very unhappy and I have to leave. This makes Chris sad because he would spend 3 hours a day in there if he wouldn't turn into a raisin-y old man.
5. When I was a kid my mom made all of my birthday cakes. They were big sheet cakes cut into the number of the year I was turning. All the kids were jealous. But all I wanted was a super sweet frosting laden awesome cake from the grocery store. I get them now and I love them. But for other people, I always make cakes, and sometimes I even cut them into giant numbers.
6. I am so behind in my musical repertoire. To qualify as a "new favorite," a song must be at least 10 years old. In 2004 I heard 'Break My Stride' by Matthew Wilder for the first time and I fell in love. The song debuted on his 1983 album I Don't Speak the Language.
Sometimes I wish I was quirkier :-)