Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Don't Want To Be That Couple!

Chris has been SUPER busy with work. I didn't even see him Sunday-Tuesday of this week because there was a casting weekend and he just stayed at the hotel. I guess when you're working until 1:00 am and then have a 6:00 am call time, it doesn't make sense to drive 30 minutes home and 60 minutes back. Damn you LA traffic.





Soooo, in light of his super busy schedule and the 20 million appointments that I'm scheduling, he told me to "Just write it into my google calendar". WHAT?! I feel like we're one step away from "Just let my secretary know".



I don't want to be that couple that communicates through a shared calendar or an employee. But then again, is this just the new form of communication? Technology has made so many other things so simple, this is just another step. Yesterday I faxed some sheet music to my pianist for the ceremony. Then he called me on my cell while I was standing in line at the post office and played the music for me. It was perfect, easy, simple and now it's done.

Communication is such a huge part of marriage, obvioulsy. I don't want to lose what we have because we're so busy that we don't talk to each other anymore. What's next... making an appointment with each other to have dinner?

No comments: