Monday, November 26, 2007

On a DIY Roll



I want to incorporate our logo in as many ways as possible without being a crazy person. It's just so cute! I also knew that I didn't want to spend a TON of money having everything personalized with custom artwork. That's silly for a fancy "H". Even if it is a J and a C and an H and perfect.


So I bought some circular styrofoam at Micheals, blew up our logo on the company copier and traced it on to the styrofoam. Then I, very nicely, asked Chris to cut it out with a box cutter. And by "very nicely", I mean Chris took it from me after he was afraid I was going to cut all my fingers off.
Be forewarned if you are going to try this... it will break... many times. But no worries, it is easily fixed with toothpicks and a hot glue gun!

When I got it all back in one piece I wrapped it with ribbon, then with floral wire. It made it real easy to attach it to the wreath without looking crazy.

I'm going to attach either a few orchids or a casablanca lily on the top left, hang them from the reception doors and admire my handiwork :-)

2 comments:

Darci said...

That's SO cool! Great idea!

Anonymous said...

This is totally gorgeous! I just found your blog and have been clicking through the pages the entire day! I blame you for not getting any work done :) I am getting married in October in New England. You have so many great ideas.