Monday, November 19, 2007

Gimme a Break... Gimme a Break...

Sometimes you just need a break. A break from work. A break from wedding. A break from those that you love. A break from LIFE!

I needed a break. I've been at a breaking point and before I snapped I needed to just stop. I've been getting frustrated beyond belief. Over stupid tiny itty bitty little things. So Saturday I called up one of my lovely 'maids and we had a fantastic brunch in Hollywood. And it was just what I needed. I feel recharged, re-energized and ready to move forward with work, wedding, love and life.

I think we sometimes forget that if we don't nurture ourselves, we're going to lose it. If we don't spend some time away from it all it's all going to fall away from us. And it's so much harder to pull it together once you've spilled it all over the place. Agree?

After brunch I even spent a little bit of money on something Non-Wedding Related. WHAT!? It's ok, I've been lusting after a beautiful pair of Nine West Mary Janes that are just the most adorable thing I've ever seen. I saw them months ago when they were full price... $90... and I couldn't justify it. I already had wedding shoes, I couldn't match my dress for the rehearsal dinner becaue I don't have one yet. It would just be splurge and I couldn't do it. But on Saturday they were on SALE at only $39!!! How could I not?! And they're just so cute. And comfy. And they make me happy. It's almost like that eBay commercial "Win Victoriously" or something. It does feel so much better when you win it. And I feel like I won ;-)



And now it's back to work, wedding, love & life and I'm smiling and excited and bubbly with my fancy red peep-toe pumps :-)
What do you do to get away from it all?

No comments: