Wednesday, August 8, 2007

What day is the BIG day?

People ask me all the time why we decided to get married in January. "Isn't June, July or August the most appropriate time to get married?" Or, "That's an odd choice". I usually just say something along the lines of "Well, Chris is usually not working around this time of year". He's a freelance casting producer so turning down a new job with a new company is never really a good plan.

However, our choosing January actually goes much deeper into the frantic mind of a burgeouning bridezilla. Here's the thing... I don't like cliche. So that boots out May, June, July, August & February. The other thing is that I hate months that end in "-ber". I just don't like the way it sounds. There goes September, October, November and December. Both of our birthdays are in March. Buh-Bye March. So we were left with January and April. That's where Chris' job made the final decision. January it is! We tossed January 12 and January 19 for a few days and landed on the 19th because it was MLK Jr. weekend and all of our out of town guests will have an extra day to hang out in LA or to chill at home before heading back into the real world of work.

I've found with most of my wedding planning this far that I get so wrapped up in these tiny decisions. What's the date? What city will it be? What are our colors? Then, one morning, I wake up and the answer is as obvious to me as the sky is blue. Duh! I like that. The fog that jams up my brain is suddenly gone and the answer is right in front of me.

So, January 19 in Hollywood. WOO!

No comments: