Thursday, August 9, 2007

Save The Date!



I LOVE beautiful papers, stationary and things of that nature. I also love getting things in the mail. It's so exciting in the age of e-vite, e-mail, e-chat, etc. Thus, I am uberexcited for our wedding related paper things!

We started with the Save the Date. While it is perfectly fine to do the same old letterpress, blah blah blah... see, I stop listening. See Date. Mark calendar. Yeah, it does the job I guess. But I wanted something more fun. Something more interesting. Something people would talk about! Enter http://www.magnetstreetweddings.com/ and our magnet Save the Date!




This is the magnet itself. Magnet Street was AMAZING with letting me change everything that I wanted. The date was originally numerical (1.19.08 with the 19 being MUCH larger than the other numbers... it was odd). I also took out the cliche saying "the perfect date for the perfect pair" because I think that's ridiculous. Our engagement photo session was changed twice to later dates so I didn't have the photo yet and Magnet Street followed up with me. TWICE. The only vendor to care that much so far!




I attached the magnet to this tri-fold (there's another flap inside) with our monogram. The monogram is a J for my first name, a C for FI's first name and an H for his last name. We worked on this monogram for months and this happened to be trial number 87 that we both loved.










The envlope is A6 from Paper-Source in Chocolate Brown with a damask print liner (Envelope Liner kit from Paper-Source). I have since fallen completely and utterly in love with anything damask and will be using a similar print for table runners, groomsmen ties, and pretty much anywhere else I see fit! I've found that nobody but myself really cared all that much about the liner, but it's ok because I love it that much.



Finally, I closed the envelope with a return address sticker with the monogram. I figured it could do multitask as an envlope sealer (no licking, no water, etc.), a return address label and a monogram introducer. The color is slightly off from what I originally wanted, but I've choosen to forget about it at this point.




All in all, I love the way everything turned out! It was fairly simple and the most time consuming part was the envelope liner. I did a few of them a night while watching TV, so it was all consuming. Our guests LOVE them and I get a kick of walking into someone elses house and seeing it on the fridge. Makes me smile. :-)


























No comments: