Monday, August 6, 2007

What the Bleep is a Blog?!

A few months ago I didn't even know what a blog was. Then I got engaged and signed onto The Knot. From then on I was obsessed. The Knot led to Wedding Bee which led to blog after blog after another blog. I went from completely uniformed to totally obsessed. I threw myself in with avengence. I tned to do this... avoid something out of ignorance of it's sheer level of coolness, then attack it like a crazy person. i.e. My fiance and I put an offer on a condo before we knew what escrow was.

I've gleaned tons of ideas, bought many wedding related (and some not so wedding related) items of the 'net and met some great ladies. So, I've decided that I should contribute back to the world wide web.

It could turn out to be my own ramblings seen only by myself, or maybe someone will read it somewhere along the lines, and maybe it will help someone find that perfect something!

So, the big thing in my life currently is the wedding! dum dum dumdum! We are tying the knot in Hollywood at The Hollywood Roosevelt. It's a fabulous old hotel, completely renovated just a few years ago to it's Old Hollywood Glamour. Marilyn Monroe's first advertisement was shot at the pool, the first Academy Awards were held in the ballroom and it's said to be haunted by Montgomery Clift himself. I've always loved the hotel even before the wedding planning hoopla commenced. It's one of the big reasons we are staying in LA, the place is that fabulous.

I can't wait to see where this blog takes me. If nothing else I hope to look back on it and remember the "old days".

No comments: