Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting the Living Together

The Formal Living room is really the last room that I should be thinking about. We don't NEED it. But, it's the first room you see when you walk in and architecturally, it's so beautiful. I can't not tend to it!

I've been working on the coffee table situation. Wasn't quite sure what I wanted. Then, landed on a large ottoman. Thought it would be PERFECT. So I searched for weeks. And then a large one in excellent condition popped up on Craig's List. We drove all the way to Covina with a tarp and pulley straps.

And "large" was no.freakin.joke. It's 5'x5'. That's as tall as I am. We strapped it to the top of the car and it hung off each side. It's probably the most enormous ottoman known to man.

It's totally not going to fit for what I want, but it was super cheap and we'll find a use for it. Somewhere.

We've spent the last two nights on it, hanging out in front of the fireplace with a glass of wine and good friends. Last night we even roasted some marshmallows and made some S'mores! We've also fallen asleep on it for the last two nights because we're exhausted old people.

The next addition. The chair. Remember that chair I bought EONS ago? I found someone to reupholster it, then took a bit of time to find the fabric. I found it and called her. She was out of town. Then she was sick. Then we finally found a time to drop it off! Then she was sick again. Then she had to work. Then she broke her ankle. Then she had to go to Vegas. 10 weeks later, after a bit of angry emailing, I got my chair back. Just the way I'd left it. 10 weeks earlier.

So I found a new place! It's done and I love it!

Except that I have to keep it covered with red sheets because my cats have decided it's their new favorite scratching post! And the thin fabric rips.

What to do!?

4 comments:

Mrs. Lexi said...

the chair looks amazing! and you should get little mittens for the kittens. haha i'm punny.

Da Fashionista said...

i love that enourmous bed of an ottoman! the chair is gorg. when i was little my kitty liked to tear up a similar chair. my mom bought a spray that supposedly would repel him and drenched the chair with it. look into it.

Emm said...

glad you got your chair back!

With Love ~ csunsweetie said...

The chair looks gorgeous!! Is the ottoman blue suede? And my, that's large. But that's what those things are best served as - an additional rest spot :o)